Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dr. 'Pointment

So, first, never tell your 3 and 1/2 year old that you ordered toys online and they must wait for them to come in the mail. Not unless you want to be asked every 5 minutes if they're here yet, even if you've already checked the mail for the day, and that if the dog barks, it means the toys are here. Ryan decided one day he wanted the Monsters vs. Aliens toys from McDonald's. I am not a frequent McDonald's diner so I had no idea what toys they had out. I thought surely if he had seen them recently that must be what they currently have. Note to self, next time get on the dang iphone and check it out first. So we go through the drive-through and Monsters vs. Aliens are not the toys they currently have. I point this out to Ryan on the sign. He does not believe me. So I have to go through the drive-through, to the window and ask the nice drive-through lady to explain to Ryan that they do not have Monsters vs. Aliens toys right now. He kind of believes her but still wants the toys and I must somehow magically get them for the brat, I mean boy. I tell Ryan that we will look on ebay when we get home. (Hey, I'm just trying to make it through the day). He has no idea what ebay is but the answer satisfies him...for now. Immediately when we get home he demands we look so I do. And I find them. And, of course, I buy them. (Hey, I'm just trying to make it through the day). Then I tell him they will come in the mail. Then I painstakingly explain how the mail works. 5 minutes later..."are they here yet?" For FOUR days that is all I heard. But, ALAS, they finally arrived! And they have not been out of his site since. But the whole point to this story is one of the characters is Dr. Cockroach. When Bryce asked Ryan that particular character's name, Ryan's reply was "Dr.," "Dr. what Ryan?" "Dr. Pointment." HAHAHAHA! (Get it? He's obviously heard "doctors appointment" a few times). I am sure you don't find it as humorous as I do but I love the way 3 year old minds think!

1 comment:

The Daily Stroll said...

Too funny! Jonah now thinks everytime I go to the doctor for a checkup I'm going to have to stay for a long time :( I think he's a little traumatized by the whole bedrest thing! Poor thing!!