Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hello Again






So I knew it had been awhile since my last blog but didn't realize it had been since January. I have to admit, our lives are a little off balance right now and I haven't felt much like blogging. And haven't had much to blog about...BUT one thing we have really been enjoying is Ryan's Swim Team. The Cedar Park Typhoons. When I signed him up for the team I didn't realize there were actual "meets" for 5 year olds. But there are. And they are at 6:00. In. the. morning. Yes, I did almost ask for my money back. But I am THAT Mom who will get up at 5:00 in. the. morning. to take her child to a swim meet if they enjoy it. Which he does. Since we've tried all the nice, normal sports that start at times that don't make you want to hit your husband for sleeping in, and they didn't go over so well, I guess we are stuck with swimming.

The exciting event that made me want to blog again was Ryan won his heat's freestyle AND backstroke!!! He was SO excited and I was so proud of him. Yes for winning, because I don't care what anyone says, not everyone SHOULD get a trophy just for playing, but mostly because he has really put a lot of effort into all the practices and the meets. He never complains about getting up at 5:30 and just swims his little heart out. I am just proud of him for giving it 110%. So here are some pictures. They aren't actually from today's meet but you'll get the idea...

No comments: