Friday, July 18, 2008

Diaper Bag Addiction

From left to right: Skip Hop backpack, Petunia Picklebottom, Storksak, cheap Babies-R-Us backpack, Taylor Bag. Middle: Fleurville

I think I have an addiction. I have been on the hunt for the perfect diaper bag for 3 years. My first diaper bag was the Petunia Picklebottom. While I liked it, it got dirty easily inside and out, didn't stand up, and frankly, I grew tired of it. I got the Taylor bag about the same time as a gift. It is pretty neat, the whole inside unzips so you can take it out and wash it and it stands up great. But it is a little bulky and really has no pocket for Mommy stuff. I eventually became obsessed with a Mommy pocket. Then I think I got the Fleurville. It was too small and no Mommy pocket. And frankly, I grew tired of it. Then I got the Storksak. It was my favorite by far. It had plenty of room and lots of Mommy pockets. But it was heavy and really hurt my shoulder. And frankly, I grew tired of it. I carried that one for almost a year. Then I became obsessed with having a backpack. I thought, with a toddler, it was so much better to be able to hook it onto your back. Unless you live in Texas where it's often over 100 degrees and humid and your back sweats like a man's. But I bought the cheap Babies-R-Us backpack just to give a backpack a try and I loved it. It was very functional but it's soooo UGLY. So I ordered the Skip Hop backpack and it wasn't quite as functional and frankly, I grew tired of it. So currently I am using the Fleurville and on the hunt for the next perfect diaper bag. Bryce is about to kill me. The man who has only played golf for about 4 years but has had at least 4 or 5 sets of irons and 6 or 7 drivers doesn't understand my diaper bag obsession. Anyhoo, this is the one I think I've settled on (below)....I mean, I am packing for two now, or will be shortly. And while I really admire my friends that can throw a sippy and a snack in their Chloe bag, I am not one of those people. I have to have a bag fully loaded with pull ups, change of clothes, sippy, snacks, wipes, antibacterial wipes, sunscreen, etc. And I don't own a Chloe but if I didn't I certainly wouldn't want goldfish crumbs at the bottom of it....

P.s. I am open to any perfect diaper bag suggestions. Unless your suggestion includes a diaper bag with Winnie-the-Pooh or other offensive characters on it. Please keep those suggestions to yourself. Thank you. And if you carry a Winnie-the-Pooh diaper bag and I just offended you I am truly sorry. But you really should re-consider. I don't care if it was a gift from Aunt Mabel.

5 comments:

Missy said...

Should I know what a Chloe is??

Little Baby Manning said...

hey there! okay so my favorite diaper bags are any that i can throw in the washer. and my newest find was a Hurley bag that's on sale for way less than any of those other bags you mentioned! and it can totally be washed! call me if you need details :)

Andrea Wedewer said...

I love the Skip Hop Dash. It's not enormous, but lots of different pockets to keep each person's necessities separate. Plus, at only $65 you could get one for every season and REALLY irk Bryce with the number of D-bags in the house!

I carried a PP bag with Tommy, but my ex-dry cleaner ruined it. Oh, they're so pretty, but like you said, so hard to keep clean.

Teresa said...

Can't offer any help on the diaper bag situation. I'm the person who just needs diapers, wipes, and anti-bac wipes. Really, anything else I truly need is available at a store...which I'm usually in close proximity to. I once bought Jared a pair of jeans at the mall after he had a pee-pee accident. :) I did look up your dream bag....very nice!

Ali said...

You crack me up! If you don't want one of those bags, you could always send one to me. :) I'm not nearly as picky, but don't worry I do draw the line at Winnie the Pooh.