
Ryan goes to camp 4 days a month and yesterday when I picked him up he had to show me his chef's hat he had made. I told him "great, now you can help me with dinner." I figured he'd forgotten until I started getting out pots and pans (yes, I actually cook from time to time) and he ran to get his chef's hat and insisted on helping. Since I am overly protective and it scared me half to death to let him that close to the burner and hot pans, I probably stayed a little too close (I can't believe I was brave enough to step away to take the picture) and after about 5 minutes he decided it wasn't worth it.....I figure one day I'll give him room to breathe. If I'm like most Mom's who have a second child, I'll soon be letting him do anything that doesn't involve knife-wielding or matches....and it may only be limited to knife-wielding...I mean, can a 3-year-old really light a match????

1 comment:
Love Chef Ryan's hat. Chef Ryan... that has a nice ring to it! Is he cooking chili and you didn't invite us over??? :( I've been craving your cornbread and chili with cheese!
Post a Comment