
Today Bryce and I celebrate nine years of marital bliss. And all I can think about is "dang I wish I still looked that good." Actually all I can think about is that I am a very lucky woman. For those of you wondering, Bryce and I met at Southwest Texas State (now known as Texas State) in physics class. I will try to make the story short but it is somewhat romantic in that it makes me believe in fate. Bryce and I often studied together while we had the class together. At one of these study "dates" I ate some (okay, fine, a whole sleeve) of his thin mint girl scout cookies (I could do that back then, now if I eat 3 my chin doubles...but I digress). Anyway, we were friends for a couple years and would often talk quite frequently. Actually, some nights we had marathon talks where I fell asleep on the phone with him. But eventually we lost touch. There was always a little romantic interest there (more on his part than mine, although he'll deny it). I just thought he was too old for me and I hate to admit this embarrassing tidbit but I was in to frat boys and the kind of guys that constantly break your heart. Then one day, out of the blue, a box of girl scout thin mints shows up on my door with no note but I knew who they were from. I realized at this point that the type of guys I'd been chasing stunk and here was a guy that not only remembered that I loved thin mints but went to the trouble to buy some and drop them off at my house, even though we hadn't talked in forever. So I decided I needed to grab this guy before someone else did. So in true high school fashion, I talked my roommate, Vicky, into calling him and telling him to ask me out, but the number I had for him was no longer his number. So she called information and asks for his number. The operator says "well his phone number is unlisted but he is my roommate so here you go..." WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT?? I'm telling you, fate. So she calls him and tells him to ask me out which he does. He takes me to see Phantom of the Opera in Austin for our first date! And on his poor, working at a vet, I'm-broke-because-I'm-in-college salary. Jeez, I'm tearing up just writing this. Anyway, to make a short story long, we dated for about 6 months, got engaged and got married about 6 months later. And the rest is history. I could go on and on about what an amazing man he is and the wonderful things he does but I don't want to make you jealous.... ;)

6 comments:
Awwwwww. That's a sweet story, Shannon! Congrats on your anniversary and all the years ahead of you and your hubby. :)
Your "love" story is still one of my favorites!!! I remember when he left those thin mints at our door! It seems like yesterday! I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats on Nine Years!!! :)
Congrats!!! I loved the story and I kinda feel part of it since we had that class together, LOL!
That's too stinkin' sweet! :) Congratulations!!
Congrats on nine years!!!
Congrats on nine years!!!
Post a Comment